LONDON, 2015-2-3 — /EPR Retail News/ — Sainsbury’s has launched a range of instant hot lunch time options that can be ready to eat in minutes by simply adding hot water or heating up in a microwave. Available in stores now, the by Sainsbury’s noodles, rice and grain pots are made using recipes inspired by popular world cuisines, and priced from £1 – £2.
The by Sainsbury’s rice noodle pots capture the fresh tastes of Asia. Customers can choose from three varieties including the classic fragrant Vietnamese soup Beef Pho, the spicy coconut flavoured Chicken Laksa and the hot and sour flavours of Thailand’s Tom Yum – just add hot water and these delicious lunch time meals will be ready to eat in four minutes. At less than 300 calories per pot, these are a great choice for health conscious consumers looking to reduce their wheat or gluten intake or for those wanting a low calorie hot lunch with fresh, aromatic flavours.
Ranging from 250g pots to a larger size designed for those with bigger appetites (350g), the new by Sainsbury’s micro pots are ideal for customers seeking a delicious lunch at convenience.
Available in seven delicious flavours including Chunky Mediterranean Vegetable Fusilli and Chicken & Mushroom Risotto, the 250g by Sainsbury’s micro pots are inspired by recipes from the health focused My Goodness range. Not only are the recipes less than 400 calories per pot but they’re also low in sugar, salt and fat and provide at least one of your five a day.
Alternatively, for those wanting a heartier lunch, the by Sainsbury’s 350g microwave pots are ideal. Inspired by popular world cuisines including Chinese, Indian and Italian, customers can take their pick from protein rich recipes including BBQ Pulled Pork and Beans, Chicken Sweet and Sour, Chicken Tikka and Meatball Arrabiata Pasta. Simply heat the pots in a microwave and a delicious lunch is ready to eat in only three minutes.
Sainsbury’s has also launched three new instant hot by Sainsbury’s grain pots – two of which are a perfect alternative from traditional pasta and rice meals. Made using bulgur wheat and couscous, the Moroccan Style Grain Pot uses traditional spices, dried sultanas and apricots for an authentic African flavour and the Spicy Mexican Style Bean Grain Pot includes bold, rich flavours laced with chipotle fiery sauce for an extra kick.
Georgina Lunn, Product Developer at Sainsbury’s, said: “We know our customers are looking for lunch that is convenient, varied, high quality and doesn’t compromise on taste – and our new selection does just that. We’re offering enough variety for a fortnight at no more than £2 per lunch. Why not start the week with our healthy one of your five a day Mushroom Risotto, ease through mid-week with a Chicken Laksa Rice Noodle Pot and end with your Friday treat of Meatball Arrabiata Pasta?”
Notes to editors
by Sainsbury’s Noodle Pots
- by Sainsbury’s Beef Pho Noodle Pot (74g) – £1.50, 500 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Chicken Laksa Noodle Pot (74g) – £1.50, 607 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Tom Yum Noodle Pot (74g) – £1.50, 500 stores
by Sainsbury’s Micro Pots
- by Sainsbury’s BBQ Pulled Pork & Beans Micro Pot (350g) – £2.00, 500 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Chicken Tikka & Rice Micro Pot (350g) – £2.00, 350 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Sweet & Sour Chicken & Rice Micro Pot (350g) – £2.00, 305 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Meatball Arrabiata Pasta Micro Pot (350g) – £2.00, 500 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Chicken & Mushroom Risotto Micro Pot (250g) £2.00, 350 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Mediterranean Vegetable Fusilli Micro Pot (250g) £2.00, 350 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Chickpea & Chorizo Stew Micro Pot (250g) £2.00, 500 stores
by Sainsbury’s Grain Pots
- by Sainsbury’s Moroccan style Grain Pot (73g) – £1.00, 350 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Spicy Mexican style Bean Grain Pot (84g) – £1.00, 350 stores
- by Sainsbury’s Chicken Tikka Rice Pot (75g) – £1.00, 500 stores