FRAMINGHAM, Mass., 2015-9-18 — /EPR Retail News/ — Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) announced today that it has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 12th year in a row. Staples was once again recognized for its continued journey toward sustainability leadership.
A leading global benchmark for corporate sustainability, the annual Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (“DJSI”), is a partnership between RobecoSAM and S&P Dow Jones Indices. RobecoSAM continuously raises the bar to identify the most sustainable companies in the world, while encouraging companies to improve their sustainability practices.
“We are committed to reducing our own impact on the environment,” said Mark Buckley, vice president of environmental affairs. “We’re offering more eco-conscious products and ethically sourced products from our suppliers to improve our overall sustainability. Additionally, we are offering end of life solutions for customers to encourage them to recycle their electronic waste and report on their purchases to help them operate their businesses sustainably and lessen their impact on the planet.”
As a result of its continued commitment toward sustainability, Staples has been recognized for its positive environmental practices. Recent highlights include:
- Part of the 2014 Global 100 Sustainability Index, one of the top measures in corporate sustainability analysis, published by Corporate Knights, a media, research and investment advisory company.
- Named to Newsweek’s 2014 Green Rankings Top 100 U.S. companies list.
- Winner of the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence award.
- Ranked in the Top 10 US companies with installed solar power capacity by the Solar Means Business 2014 report.
- Recognized by the EPA for outstanding achievement in the design, manufacture, promotion, and use of Safer Choice products.
- Staples Canada named to Corporate Knight’s 2014 Top Foreign Corporate Citizens list.
- Staples Canada’s Superpower your School Contest won the Canadian Office Products Association (COPA) Award for Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Program.
- For offering over 100 Zero Waste Boxes on staples.ca, and their commitment to giving customers the ability to recycle more products than ever before, Staples Canada and TerraCycle have earned a 2015 Top Product of the Year Award from Environmental Leader.
To learn more about Staples sustainability priorities visit: www.staples.com/environment
Staples makes it easy to make more happen with more products and more ways to shop. Through its world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities, Staples lets customers shop however and whenever they want, whether it’s in-store, online or on mobile devices. Staples offers more products than ever, such as technology, facilities and break room supplies, furniture, safety supplies, medical supplies, and Copy and Print services. Staples also offers free shipping for Staples Rewards Members, in most cases overnight. Headquartered outside of Boston, Staples operates in North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. More information about Staples (SPLS) is available at www.staples.com.
Shweta Agarwal, 508-253-8249