LONDON, 2015-11-30 — /EPR Retail News/ — SSP Group, a leading operator of food and beverage outlets in travel locations worldwide, announces its financial results for year ended 30 September 2015.
• Strong results with good progress on last year
• Operating profit1 of £97.4m: up 17.6% in constant currency, and 10.1% at actual exchange rates
• Like-for-like sales up 3.7%: driven by growth in air passenger travel and retailing initiatives
• Net gains 0.6%: strong performances in North America and the Rest of the World
• Revenue of £1,833m: up 4.3% on a constant currency basis; 0.3% at actual exchange rates
• Operating margin1 up 50 basis points to 5.3%: on-going roll out of strategic initiatives
• Brand and concept portfolio further strengthened
• Encouraging pipeline of new contracts
• Final dividend of 2.2 pence per share, bringing the full year dividend to 4.3 pence per share
Commenting on the results, Kate Swann, CEO of SSP Group, said:
“SSP has delivered strong results in 2015, with operating profit up over 17% and good like-for-like sales growth across all regions. We continue to focus on delivering our strategic objectives, driving sales growth in our existing portfolio and winning new contracts which are extending our international operations, whilst remaining committed to operating an efficient business.
“The new financial year has started in line with our expectations and whilst a degree of uncertainty always exists around passenger numbers in the short term, we continue to be well placed to benefit from the structural growth opportunities in our markets.”
For full details click here
SOURCE: SSP Group plc