- From top gift-giving items across toys and electronics to wrapping paper and baking supplies, Prime Now has added thousands of items this holiday so you can skip a trip to the store and stay focused on doing the things you love
- Starting today in Manhattan, Prime Now has added delivery of beer, wine, spirits and items from Eataly to the service
- In under a year, Prime Now has grown from one location to more than 20 metropolitan areas across the U.S.
SEATTLE, 2015-12-14 — /EPR Retail News/ — Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced that it has added more than 4,000 items to its Prime Now service just in time for the holidays. Whether it’s a big-screen television, top toys and gift-giving items or supplies for yuletide baking, Prime Now has everything customers need to skip a trip to the store this holiday season.
“In the year since we first launched Prime Now for customers in Manhattan, we’ve grown rapidly to more than 20 metropolitan areas across the U.S. and we are excited to continue to expand our offerings whether that’s adding beer, wine and spirits in Manhattan starting today or continuing to increase the number of local stores and restaurants in the service,” said Stephenie Landry, worldwide director of Prime Now. “This holiday, we’ve also added thousands of products to Prime Now and we’ll be delivering up until midnight on Dec. 24—we are a procrastinator’s dream, offering tens of thousands of items that can be delivered right to your door in an hour or less.”
Prime Now is offered exclusively to Prime members in Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore,Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Manhattan,Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orange County, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento,San Antonio, San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego, Seattle and Richmond. In select cities, in addition to the products offered by Amazon, the service also includes deliveries from local restaurants and stores. Through Prime Now, one-hour delivery is $7.99 and two-hour delivery is free. Some highlights since launching Prime Now include:
- The fastest order delivered to date was a four-pack of Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino to a customer in Miami. The delivery was made in under 10 minutes;
- In Seattle where the company offers one-hour delivery of beer, wine and spirits, the top-selling beer is Elysian Brewing Company’s Space Dust IPA and the top selling wine is Chateau Ste. Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon. Starting today, Prime Now is adding beer, wine and spirit delivery in Manhattan;
- Prime Now customers in Baltimore, Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle enjoy free, for a limited time, one-hour delivery from local restaurants. The most popular cuisines ordered through the service so far are American and Thai; and finally
- Delivery from local stores is offered through Prime Now in Chicago, Los Angeles, Manhattan, Portland and San Diego. The most popular items ordered by customers for one-hour delivery from grocery stores include organic bananas, avocados, tomatoes and organic apples. Starting today, Eataly is being added to the lineup of local stores offered in Manhattan and Prime Now Chicago is adding local store delivery from Plum Market, Sprinkles Cupcakes and My Fit Foods.
You can see some of the top-selling items by city through Prime Now in the accompanying infographic. To learn more about Prime Now, visit www.amazon.com/primenow.
More to Prime
Amazon Prime is an annual membership program for $99 a year that offers customers unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 20 million items across all categories, unlimited Free Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in 16 metro areas, unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes, more than one million songs, more than one thousand playlists and hundreds of stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos and access to more than 800,000 books to borrow with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library. In addition, Prime members in select cities receive one and two hour delivery through Prime Now on tens of thousands of items through a mobile app. Not a member? Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/prime.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.
Media Hotline, 206-266-7180