SEATTLE, 2016-Aug-13 — /EPR Retail News/ — Amazon today (Aug. 10, 2016) announced its brand-new Amazon Original Kids Series, The Stinky & Dirty Show, is scheduled to premiere on Friday, September 2 on Prime Video in the US and UK, and in Germany, Austria and Japan later this year. Based on the “I Stink!” book series by Kate and Jim McMullan, The Stinky & Dirty Show follows the adventures and mishaps faced by best friends and unlikely heroes, Stinky the garbage truck and Dirty, the backhoe loader.
The series is written and developed by Guy Toubes (The Adventures of Chuck & Friends, Littlest Pet Shop, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi) and animated by Brown Bag Films, Ltd (Peter Rabbit, Octonauts, Doc McStuffins). The Stinky & Dirty Show features original music from acclaimed folk singer and songwriter Dan Bern and celebrity voice talent, including Whoopi Goldberg (The View), Jane Lynch (Glee), Andy Richter (Arrested Development), Joan Cusack (Shameless) and Wallace Shawn (Toy Story).
The newest original preschool series to foster lifelong creative learning, the series’ curriculum was developed by Dr. Alice Wilder and Jessica Lahey, author of the New York Times best-seller The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed, on which the curriculum is based.
The pilot episode, rated 4.8 stars by customers with 86% 5-star reviews, is available to stream and download today, with nine additional episodes to debut on September 2 exclusively for Prime members via the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online—Prime members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing.
In The Stinky & Dirty Show, whether it’s rescuing their pal Mighty the tugboat, or moving a giant boulder blocking the highway in their town of Go City, Stinky and Dirty are a dynamic duo of resourcefulness who learn when things don’t go as expected, asking “what if” can lead to success. They don’t always do things the way you’d expect—like reusing trash as makeshift tools and materials—and for them, hilariously failing turns out to be one of the most fun paths to success.
“The popular books have laid the groundwork for a beautifully inspiring television series for preschoolers that instills one of the most important life skills—resourcefulness,” Tara Sorensen, Head of Kids Programming at Amazon Studios. “We are thrilled to bring to our customers, who embraced the pilot, a full season of The Stinky & Dirty Show and are proud be collaborating with Kate, Jim, Guy and Jessica as well as Dan Bern and a very recognizable celebrity voice cast on this upbeat and empowering show.”
The Stinky & Dirty Show also features voice talent from Jaden Betts (Doc McStuffins) as Stinky and Jacob Guenther (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Dirty. The series is directed by David McCamley (Peter Rabbit) and produced by Gillian Higgins (Doc McStuffins). The 20-song soundtrack for the series, composed and performed by Bern, will also be released on September 2, exclusively streaming on Prime Music.
The Stinky & Dirty Show was part of Amazon’s kids pilot season last year, a unique development process that gives all customers an opportunity to stream and review pilots in order to help choose the next Amazon Original Series that are then available to Prime members. Below are what customers have said about the pilot:
- “My grandchildren (4 year old boy/5 year old girl) LOVE this. They want to watch it over and over! I like the fact that Stinky and Dirty show how they problem solve and how they don’t give up.”
- “I like the values and mindset in the show. Stinky and Dirty are kind to one another and work hard trying and trying until they figure it out.”
- “As an electrical/firmware design engineer and former Lego robotics teacher, I think this show does a fantastic job of demonstrating how to approach creative problem solving. The characters start with a problem, and try a series of different ideas for solving it, learning from each failed attempt. That, my friends, is iterative engineering design in a nutshell, presented on a very simple, easy-to-understand level with entertaining characters.”
- “The relationships are positive. Stinky and Dirty work together: they collaborate, and they support each other’s ideas, no matter how ridiculous. They congratulate each other for good ideas. (‘That’s a great idea!’ ‘I can totally see what you mean!’). In short, they encourage the kinds of relationships I want my kids to model in The Real World.”
- “He may love this show more than his family (family if reading this please don’t be offended, it really is THAT good).”
The first season of The Stinky & Dirty Show will be available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership. Customers who are not already a Prime member can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream. The Stinky & Dirty Show will also be available as part of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the all-you-can-eat subscription service designed from the ground up for kids. FreeTime Unlimited is available exclusively on Amazon devices including Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, and a year-long subscription is included with every Fire Kids Edition.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, kids series Tumble Leaf, and Love & Friendship, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Add-on Subscriptions: Dozens of subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items across all categories, more than one million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos, access to borrow books with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
Source: Source: Amazon.com, Inc.