Bradford, England, 2016-Sep-12 — /EPR Retail News/ — Morrisons is to install the UK’s largest collection of Amazon Lockers this year as part of its drive to introduce new popular and useful services in its stores.
- Morrisons plans to install hundreds of Amazon Lockers at Morrisons supermarkets this year so that customers can pick up their orders without the need to wait in their home.
- They will be able to pick up their Amazon order while doing their food shop at Morrisons.
Trevor Strain, Chief Financial Officer of Morrisons, said: “Many busy customers can’t wait at home for their delivery, and we believe the option to pick it up from one of our hundreds of conveniently located supermarkets will be attractive.”
- The introduction of Amazon Lockers at Morrisons builds on the relationship between the two companies. In May, Morrisons began to supply thousands of grocery items that are now available to Amazon customers through Amazon Fresh in London, Amazon Pantry nationwide and Amazon Prime Now, the company’s ultra-fast delivery service available to more than 30 per cent of the UK population.
- John Tagawa, Amazon’s Vice President of UK Operations, said: “We are delighted to introduce Amazon Lockers at Morrisons supermarkets. Amazon Lockers are the delivery option of choice for many customers who want to pick up their shopping at a time and place that suits them best. Morrisons supermarkets are ideal locations for Amazon Lockers which allow people to pick up their parcels while on the move.”
- One of Morrisons’ priorities is to add ‘popular and useful services’ to its stores. Over the last 12 months in-store cafes have been improved and Morrisons has partnered with Timpson to expand its dry cleaning, key cutting and shoe repair business.
- Customers using the Amazon Lockers will receive an email or text with a unique code. They enter the code or scan the barcode from the email to retrieve their product at the locker.
There are more than 1,000 Amazon Lockers nationwide in locations ranging from petrol forecourts, convenience stores and shopping centres to universities, train stations, banks and airports.
For all media enquiries call: 0845 611 5111