More than 1,200 of the positions are for automotive service careers
RICHMOND, Va., 2016-Nov-05 — /EPR Retail News/ — CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, is recruiting for 2,500 positions in locations across the country. Of those, more than 1,200 positions are for automotive service careers. These include opportunities for individuals with technical automotive skills as well as those who are starting their career in this field.
“We provide hands-on experience, mentorship and other great benefits like tuition reimbursement for those who want to become technicians,” said Rosey Sanders, Sacramento Regional Vice President of Service Operations. “CarMax values and supports growth and development; meaning associates have access to world-class training while building a great career.”
CarMax is built on a foundation of integrity, trust and giving back; and has been named one of Fortune magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® 12 consecutive years. Just this week, CarMax was selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail for 2016. Some of the areas with a greater number of job openings include: Los Angeles, Sacramento, and San Francisco, CA; Baltimore, MD; Las Vegas, NV; and Atlanta; GA.
Why Work at CarMax?
- Training and growth opportunities, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art service bays and technician uniforms provided.
- Positions range from full and part-time positions, with day and evening shifts available.
- Incentive programs designed to help trade school students and graduates.
- Discounts on car purchases and other services.
- CarMax is recognized in Training Magazine’s “Training Top 125” companies in America (nine years in a row).
- Hear CarMax service associates talk about why they chose CarMax in this video.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Applications are only accepted online. Job seekers should apply at jobs.carmax.com.
CarMax is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars and operates more than 160 stores in 38 states nationwide. CarMax revolutionized the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity car buying experience customers want and deserve. For more than 20 years, CarMax has made car buying more ethical, fair and stress-free by offering a no-haggle, no-hassle experience and an incredible selection of vehicles. CarMax makes selling your car easy too, by offering no-obligation appraisals good for seven days. At CarMax, we’ll buy your car even if you don’t buy ours®. CarMax has more than 22,000 associates nationwide. During the 12 months ending February 29, 2016, the company retailed 619,936 used cars and sold 394,437 wholesale vehicles at its in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.
Source: CarMax, Inc.