New PetSmart.com Introduces Responsive Design, Engaging User Experiences Utilizing Pet-Centric Content and Enhanced Fulfillment Capabilities Including Same-Day and Scheduled Delivery
PHOENIX, 2016-Nov-09 — /EPR Retail News/ — PetSmart, Inc. today (Nov. 7, 2016 ) announced the launch of its completely new PetSmart.com site with a commerce-meets-content experience. The new site features a fresh approach to pet supply shopping and industry-leading home delivery options such as same-day and scheduled delivery – all aimed at letting pet parents shop how, when and where they wish.
“We are thrilled to launch the completely re-engineered PetSmart.com site, which offers a range of best-in-class features that allow pet parents to shop and engage with us whenever and wherever they wish,” said Eran Cohen, chief customer experience officer, PetSmart. “Our omnichannel strategy is aimed at giving pet parents options tailored to their needs and desires. We look forward to seeing their response to the new site with its new user experience and commerce-meets-content approach, as well as to our expanded and convenient home delivery options, which capitalize on our extensive store network for same-day and scheduled delivery.”
The new site reflects feedback from pet parents and includes features such as one-page checkout and new tailored delivery options like recurring subscription-based shipping, scheduled delivery and same-day delivery. The scheduled and same-day delivery services leverage PetSmart stores as fulfillment resources, an efficient approach in online retail.
“Leading retailers are strategically differentiating themselves through customer-centric user experiences that both define the brand and meet the dynamic expectations of today’s digitally savvy consumers,” says Brendan Witcher, principal analyst with Forrester Research. “PetSmart’s move to better align the commerce experience with each individual’s unique shopping journey shows they are putting the customer at the center of their strategy.”
PetSmart.com’s new features include:
- A new technology platform powered by SalesForce® Commerce Cloud technology (previously known as Demandware) that lets PetSmart.com deliver best-in-class online and mobile experiences. By moving to an industry-leading, flexible cloud-based platform, PetSmart can easily expand its connected commerce capabilities in the future.
- Amplified user experience delivering an online pet-centric lifestyle approach that combines commerce and content, making it easier than ever before for pet parents to search for the right products, services and information, such as tips, solutions and pet advice.
- Responsive design that is optimized for mobile, providing pet parents a convenient shopping experience on their smartphones and tablets. As well, PetSmart plans to launch a mobile app in the coming weeks.
- A mobile-desktop shared cart feature, where the items placed in the cart on the desktop and saved for future reference or purchase can be viewed via mobile devices (and vice versa).
- The ability for pet parents to now book grooming services through the new PetSmart.com site and request a PetsHotel stay for their pet.
- Expansion of home delivery options including recurring subscription-based service and two innovative home delivery services for online pet supply shopping: same-day delivery and customized scheduled delivery, both fueled by Deliv*. The new delivery options are featured directly on the product page. The same-day and scheduled delivery services are being rolled out now and by mid Nov. are expected in 17 major metro areas** across the country. Delivery can be set within a few hours of purchase and up to two days later.
- An online in-store product availability system so shoppers can check store inventory and be assured the items they need are on shelves when they arrive to the store.
- A store associate ordering system, so in the unlikely event products aren’t available in stores, they can be purchased online in the store and shipped directly to the shopper’s home for free.
- A new fulfillment system, which uses PetSmart stores as fulfillment resources for online orders with same-day or scheduled delivery service.
PetSmart.com boasts one of the industry’s broadest online pet product collections, which includes all the products found in PetSmart stores, as well as thousands of additional items available online.
*Deliv is a leading crowdsourced, last-mile logistics company that powers scheduled, same-day delivery and returns for omnichannel retailers, local businesses, and e-commerce companies.
**As of today, PetSmart.com same-day and scheduled home delivery with Deliv is available in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, San Jose, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Miami, Seattle and Chicago. Service in the following markets is expected by mid-November: Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Boston, New York City, Yonkers, Northern New Jersey and Washington, D.C.
PetSmart, Inc. is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. At PetSmart, we love pets, and we believe pets make us better people. Every day with every connection, PetSmart’s passionate associates help bring pet parents closer to their pets so they can live more fulfilled lives. This vision impacts everything we do for our customers, the way we support our associates and how we give back to our communities. We employ approximately 53,000 associates, operate 1,477 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and 203 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp day care services and pet adoption services in-store. Our portfolio of digital resources for pet parents – including PetSmart.com, PetFoodDirect.com, Pet360.com and petMD.com – offers the most comprehensive online pet supplies and pet care information in the U.S. Through our in-store pet adoption partnership with independent nonprofit organizations, PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities™ of Canada, PetSmart helps to save the lives of more than 500,000 homeless pets each year.
Golin for PetSmart Inc.
PetSmart Media Line:
Source: PetSmart Inc.