- Stores Nationwide to Feature Special Genres and Themes for Finding the Perfect Gift for Everyone in the Family
- Customer Favorite Black Friday Signed Editions Program Is Back and Better Than Ever with More Than 100 Participating Authors
- Barnes & Noble Presents a Unique Assortment of Books, Toys & Games, and Gifts from the Worlds of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
New York, New York, 2016-Nov-19 — /EPR Retail News/ — Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today ( November 16, 2016) announced its holiday lineup of the very best gifts for everyone in the family this holiday season. Barnes & Noble stores nationwide have been specially curated to feature a selection of genres and themes to help customers discover the perfect gift for everyone on their shopping list. These categories include books in thoughtfully selected groupings such as “The People Who Entertain Us,” “Celebrated Chefs & Kitchens,” “History Makers” and many more categories that make browsing Barnes & Noble’s broad selection even easier this holiday season.
“Barnes & Noble customers are very specific in what they’re looking for, so we’ve organized our stores this holiday season to focus on key genres and themes that we know they’ll love,” said Mary Amicucci, Chief Merchandising Officer at Barnes & Noble. “The focus of our promotions is interest driven, and whether our customers are looking for a new bestseller or a book in a specific genre, our stores are set up so they can easily discover everything they’re looking for. And, of course, our expert booksellers are standing by to make sure that everyone leaves our stores with the perfect gifts this holiday season.”
The list of special genres and themes being featured in the stores include:
- Thrillers: If you know someone with a penchant for nail-biting stories, these page-turning thrillers from David Baldacci, James Patterson, John Grisham, and more will keep them on the edge of their seats.
- Celebrated Chefs & Kitchens: For those who can’t get enough of the kitchen, these incredible cookbooks from Ina Garten, Alton Brown, Anthony Bourdain and more will tantalize their taste buds.
- History Makers: The past, present, and future get their due reflection with these nonfiction bestsellers, including new releases from Megyn Kelly, Bernie Sanders and Bill O’Reilly.
- Most Entertaining Stories for Young Readers: This year’s top books for kids will be filled with exploration, possibilities, and laughter with the latest in Jeff Kinney’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and Rick Riordan’s Magnus Chase series, a new graphic novel from bestselling author Raina Telgemeier, and a new Gravity Falls journal, brimming with secrets on every page.
- Books Teens Want: No need to ask what teens are looking for: it’s adrenaline-fueled adventures from bestselling authors such as James Dashner and Marissa Meyer, and engrossing and unrelenting realistic tales from debut authors such as Marieke Nijkamp.
- The People Who Entertain Us: From famed musicians Bruce Springsteen and Tony Bennett to America’s new best friends and the stars of Fixer Upper Chip and Joanna Gaines, some of the nation’s top entertainers have put pen to paper in these must-read books.
- Stories Every Kids Should Own: Favorite characters and new friends meet in this collection of stories sure to delight families for years to come including the return of Laura Numeroff’s Mouse in If You Give a Mouse a Brownie and the introduction of Ada Twist, Scientist, a curious child on a mission from creators Andrea Beaty and David Roberts.
- Books That Make You Laugh Out Loud: You’ll literally LOL with these hilarious takes on everyday life from Abbi Jacobson, Nick Offerman, and other favorite comedians.
- Sports Stories for Every Fan: Legacies, as told by the legends who lived them… works by Carli Lloyd, Muhammad Ali, Wayne Gretzky and more tell the stories behind iconic moments in sports.
- Find Inspiration to Claim Your Destiny: Books can inspire you to be your best self and fulfill your dreams, with new titles from Joel Osteen, Steve Harvey, and many more, leading the way.
- The Most Talked About Fandoms: Whether you already belong to a fandom or are looking for a new one to join, these featured fandoms are sure to enchant, from the worlds of Star Wars®, Marvel®, DC Comics® and more.
- From Page to Screen: So many movies and TV shows on screen today have come from books, and the most popular ones are featured including Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, The Girl on the Train and Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
Online Holiday Gift Guide
For a full list of featured books, and for even more great gifting options, visit Barnes & Noble’s just announced 2016 Holiday Gift Guide. It features an expansive list of books, toys, games, music, movies, unique gifts for the season, and much more that’s sure to please even the pickiest people on your list. Customers can get free shipping on orders of $25 or more placed on BN.com. In addition, Barnes & Noble Members also benefit from free express shipping on all online purchases at BN.com and receive exclusive savings offers throughout the year. The annual fee is only $25.
Customer-Favorite Black Friday Signed Editions Offering Is Back
For the third year in a row, Barnes & Noble is bringing back the fan-favorite Black Friday Signed Editions program, featuring an amazing list of acclaimed authors. Barnes & Noble’s Black Friday Signed Editions program offers customers autographed copies of books from more than 100 celebrated authors representing a wide variety of genres and subjects, available only in Barnes & Noble stores nationwide starting on Black Friday, while supplies last. For the full list of this year’s participating authors, customers can visit www.BN.com/SignedEditions. All signed editions will be featured on a special front-of-store display when customers walk through the doors of their local Barnes & Noble on Black Friday.
Experience Harry Potter at Barnes & Noble
Fans of Harry Potter can continue to relive the magic at Barnes & Noble this holiday season with a dedicated Harry Potter experience inside all stores nationwide. Customers can shop a unique assortment of magical gifts, including the entire Harry Potter series, the new illustrated editions, apparel, accessories, toys, games, and so much more. For additional details, customers can visit their local Barnes & Noble today.
An Unbeatable Collection of Gifts at Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble features a uniquely curated gift offering this holiday season, including the hottest products in the following categories:
- Leading Educational Toys & Games: Barnes & Noble has the hottest, must-have, high-quality educational toys and games of the season, arranged by age and interest, making it an unmatched resource for gifts to help children learn and grow.
- Top Tech Tools: The very best in design, making, creating and building comes to life at Barnes & Noble with products including Bloxels, Magformers, littleBits, BB-8 and more.
- Zen & The Art of Mindfulness: Find some calm during the busy holiday season with customer-favorite gifts including Buddha Board, Lokai, and the leading selection of coloring books and artist supplies for all ages.
- Tools for Healthy and Happy Living: Customers can stay, healthy, happy, and organized during the holidays with the hottest new tools including Garmin Fitness Trackers and the Moleskine® Smart Writing Set.
- The Gift of Entertainment: Be the life of the party with the very best in movies, music and more. Barnes & Noble features an expanding assortment of vinyl records including new releases from Sting, Diana Krall and Sarah McLachlan, as well as the best in classic holiday movies and new blockbusters on DVD and Blu-ray.
Member Program Adds Extra Value This Holiday Season
For even greater value this holiday season, customers are invited to join the Barnes & Noble Member program. Designed for Barnes & Noble’s most loyal customers, the Barnes & Noble Membership program gives Members 40% off all hardcover bestsellers in stores every day and 10% off virtually everything else in Barnes & Noble stores throughout the year. Members also benefit from free express shipping on all online purchases at BN.com and receive exclusive savings offers throughout the year. The annual fee is only $25.
For more information on everything that’s happening at Barnes & Noble this holiday season, visit BN.com and the 2016 Holiday Gift Guide or speak with a bookseller at your local store.
About Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 638 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4.5 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com), plus periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company’s corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
Source: Barnes & Noble