AUSTIN, Texas, 2016-Dec-13 — /EPR Retail News/ — Whole Foods Market is celebrating 12 Days of Cheese by highlighting a different artisan cheese daily from Dec. 13 to 24. Each of the selected cheeses will be 50 percent off for one day during the 12-day period.
These distinctive, single-source cheeses were chosen by Whole Foods Market’s global cheese buyer, Cathy Strange, with help from the company’s Certified Cheese Professionals. These experts have been certified by the American Cheese Society for cheese storage and handling, nutrition, distribution, raw materials, the ripening process, the making process, and on categories and types of cheeses.
“Whether folks are putting together an elegant cheese board, hosting a brunch, or craving a nibble while curling up with a good book, these 12 selections will make delicious additions to any holiday tradition,” Strange said. “We’re thrilled to offer these exciting cheeses at a great value, so customers can enjoy these special items while stretching their dollar.”
The cheeses featured on each day include:
Cellars at Jasper Hill, Harbison (Dec. 13)
- This decadent soft-ripened cheese from Vermont is hand-wrapped with spruce bark, adding a woodsy note to its sweet, earthy flavor.
Mons, Époisses (Dec. 14)
- A traditional French washed-rind cheese with a luscious texture, bold yet balanced tangy-sweet flavor and pleasant pungency.
Vermont Creamery, Bonne Bouche (Dec. 15)
- This mild ash-ripened goat cheese with earthy notes and a subtle hazelnut flavor is a visually stunning addition to any cheese board.
Borough Market, Stilton (Dec. 16)
- Rich and creamy with a complex, earthy flavor and a hint of spiciness. Made with vegetarian rennet.
Uplands Cheese Company, Pheasant Ridge Reserve (Dec. 17)
- The only three-time winner of the American Cheese Society Best of Show, this cheese has a sweet, broth-like flavor with notes of butterscotch and fruit.
Le Gruyère (Dec. 18)
- This classic washed-rind cheese is aged in the centuries-old Kaltbach caves of Switzerland. Nutty and creamy with a velvety texture.
Cypress Grove Chevre, Truffle Tremor (Dec. 19)
- A silky, creamy soft-ripened goat cheese packed with truffles. Deep floral, herb and mushroom flavors. An American original!
Rapin, Le Maréchal (Dec. 20)
- This creamy, raw-milk Alpine cheese is infused with flavor from herbs added by hand during the ripening process.
Papillon, Roquefort (Dec. 21)
- This classic cave-aged sheep’s milk blue cheese shows rich spiciness, complex layers of flavor and a smooth texture.
Mons, Camembert (Dec. 22)
- A classic from Normandy produced using high-quality milk from France, then aged to perfection by a third-generation affineur. Full-flavored, creamy and earthy with mushroom overtones.
Vermont Creamery, St. Albans (Dec. 23)
- An American take on a traditional French cheese, sourced from milk from one farm. Delicate and smooth with rich creamy flavors and nutty notes. Non-GMO Project verified.
Rogue Creamery. Flora Nelle (Dec. 24)
- A bold blue cheese from Oregon, with tropical fruit flavors and a finish of sweet cream.
Source: Whole Foods Market