All six episodes of the legal thriller, starring BAFTA award winners Helen McCrory and Michael Gambon, will premiere exclusively on AmazonPrime Video in the US on Friday, October 27
SEATTLE, 2017-Oct-05 — /EPR Retail News/ — Amazon today (Oct. 3, 2017) announced it has added Fearless to its lineup of original dramatic series, and will premiere all six episodes exclusively on Prime Video in the US on Friday, October 27. Starring BAFTA award winners Helen McCrory (Peaky Blinders, Penny Dreadful) and Sir Michael Gambon (Fortitude), produced by Mammoth Screen for ITV in association with Weinstein Television, and written and executive produced by Homeland writer and Executive Producer Patrick Harbinson, Fearless is a legal conspiracy thriller following human rights lawyer Emma Banville (McCrory), whose latest case will uncover a web of secrets and collusion with both personal and national repercussions.
In the series, Emma sets out to prove the innocence of Kevin Russell (Sam Swainsbury, Mum), a man who she feels was wrongly convicted for the murder of schoolgirl Linda Simms (Eve Austin, In the Flesh) 14 years earlier. Emma is determined to reveal the truth behind Linda’s death and is prepared to go to extreme lengths to prove Kevin’s innocence. However, as she digs deeper into the case–risking her career, personal life and reputation–she begins to sense powerful forces in the police and the intelligence services who want to stop her from uncovering the truth.
“We are excited to add this riveting drama to Prime Video,” said Brad Beale, Vice President, Worldwide TV Content Acquisition. “Patrick Harbinson is brilliant at telling gripping stories, and the compelling performances by the cast will keep viewers at the edge of their seats.”
Fearless also stars BAFTA Award winner Wunmi Mosaku (Black Mirror), Jonathan Forbes (Catastrophe), John Bishop (Accused), Rebecca Callard (Ordinary Lies), Jamie Bamber (Marcella), Sam Swainsbury (Mum), Emma Hamilton (Mr. Selfridge) and Emmy nominee Robin Weigert(American Horror Story).
The series premiered on ITV in the UK this summer. The first season of Fearless was the most watched drama series across its six weeks on the ITV Hub. Here is what the UK critics have to say:
- “Promises to be one of those must-see series that gets everyone talking” – TV Magazine (The Sun)
- “Gripping and undeniably intriguing” – Gerard Donovan, Daily Telegraph
- “Helen McCrory’s performance in Fearless is captivating” – Sarah Deen, Metro.co.uk
- “A confident, absorbing first chapter” – Gabriel Tate, Daily Telegraph
- “A dense plot [and] a strong cast” – Victoria Segal, Culture (Sunday Times)
An Amazon Original Series in the US and produced by Mammoth Screen for ITV in association with Weinstein Television in the UK, Fearless is produced by Adrian Sturges (Houdini and Doyle, The Enfield Haunting) and executive produced by Harbinson along with Mammoth Screen’s managing director, Damien Timmer (Victoria, Poldark) and Tom Mullens (Endeavor, Black Work). The series was developed by Mammoth’s Creative Director Rebecca Keane and directed by BAFTA winner Pete Travis (The Go-Between, Legacy).
Fearless will be available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online with other Amazon Original Series online at Amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership. Eligible customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship, and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV, and more, available to Amazon Prime members in the US as add-ons to their membership. To view the full list of available channels, visit www.amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Instant Access: Customers can instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on compatible TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalog with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.