One of FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® is Hiring for Long-Term Careers
RICHMOND, Va., 2017-Oct-24 — /EPR Retail News/ — CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, announces plans to hire for more than 2,000 positions companywide by the end of the year. At a time when many retailers are hiring for seasonal positions, CarMax is hiring for long-term careers. For 13 years in a row, CarMax has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax currently employs more than 24,000 people nationwide and provides opportunities for associates to grow within the company by offering ongoing training and development opportunities that support personal and career goals.
“First and foremost, CarMax seeks to hire people with integrity who are passionate about customer service. Experience in the auto industry is not necessary to work at CarMax,” said Diane Cafritz, chief human resource officer and senior vice president at CarMax. “The company values personal growth and education which is why CarMaxprovides ongoing support and development opportunities for our associates.”
The majority of new and open positions are for sales consultants, technicians, detailers and inventory associates. CarMax stores are also hiring for positions within its business offices nationwide. Additionally, the company is hiring for several customer service positions at CarMax Auto Finance in Atlanta, Georgia and for digital and technology positions at the headquarters in Richmond, Virginia.
Why Work at CarMax?
- CarMax is committed to hiring people with strong values of integrity, transparency and respect. We live these values every day and they drive how we treat our associates and our customers.
- Associates are given opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through The CarMax Foundation’s Volunteerism and Matching Gifts programs.
- CarMax offers unmatched training and support for associate career growth, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- CarMax offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including discounts on car purchases and other services.
- Stores are equipped with climate controlled, state-of-the-art service bays with quality equipment.
- CarMax is recognized as one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®, 15 Best Workplaces in Retail and 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, as well as one of TRAINING Magazine’s “Training Top 125” companies in America.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Applications are accepted online. Job seekers should apply at jobs.carmax.com.
CarMax is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars and operates more than 180 stores in 39 states nationwide. CarMax revolutionized the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity car buying experience customers want and deserve. For more than 20 years, CarMax has made car buying more ethical, fair and stress-free by offering a no-haggle, no-hassle experience and an incredible selection of vehicles. CarMax makes selling your car easy too, by offering no-obligation appraisals good for seven days. At CarMax, we’ll buy your car even if you don’t buy ours®. CarMax has more than 24,000 associates nationwide. During the 12 months ending February 28, 2017, the company retailed 671,294 used cars and sold 391,686 wholesale vehicles at its in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMaxwebsite at www.carmax.com.
Source: CarMax, Inc.