Helsinki, Finland, 2014-2-4 — /EPR Retail News/ — Kesko Corporation’s shareholders jointly representing over 10% of the votes carried by the company shares have made a proposal to the Annual General Meeting to be held on 7 April 2014 for the number of Board members, their remuneration and the reimbursement of their expenses.
Proposal for the number of Board members
Kesko Corporation’s shareholders jointly holding over 10% of the votes carried by the company shares have proposed that the company’s Annual General Meeting resolve that the number of members of the Board be left unchanged at the present seven (7).
Proposal for the Board members’ remuneration and the basis for reimbursement of their expenses
In addition, the shareholders in question propose that the Board members’ remuneration and the basis for reimbursement of their expenses be left unchanged. The fees and the basis for reimbursement of expenses are as follows:
– the Board Chair, an annual remuneration of €80,000,
– the Board Deputy Chair, an annual remuneration of €50,000,
– a Board member, an annual remuneration of €37,000,
– a meeting fee of €500/meeting for a Board meeting and its Committee’s meeting, and a meeting fee of €1,000/meeting to a Committee Chair who is not the Chair or the Deputy Chair of the Board,
– daily allowances are paid and travel expenses are reimbursed to the Board members in accordance with the general travel rules of Kesko.
The above proposals will be included in the notice of the General Meeting, which will be published separately.
The Annual General Meetings held on 16 April 2012 and 8 April 2013 resolved the number of Board members to be seven (7), and the Annual General Meeting Held on 16 April 2012 elected seven (7) Board members for terms of office expiring at the close of the 2015 Annual General Meeting in accordance with the Articles of Association. The Board members elected then were Mr Esa Kiiskinen, Mr Ilpo Kokkila, Mr Tomi Korpisaari, Ms Maarit Näkyvä, Mr Seppo Paatelainen, Mr Toni Pokela and Ms Virpi Tuunainen.
Further information is available from Senior Vice President, Group General Counsel Anne Leppälä-Nilsson, tel. +358 105 322 347.
Vice President, Group Communications
NASDAQ OMX Helsinki
Main news media