Cheshunt, England, 2014-4-15 — /EPR Retail News/ — F&F has announced its first franchise stores in the USA as it continues with its ambitious plans to become a leading global brand for affordable fashion.
F&F, which launched in the UK and Ireland in 2001, will be opening seven stores on the east coast of America this year in partnership with its US franchise partner, Retail Group of America.
The stores will feature full women’s, men’s and kids ranges with the first store opening near Boston in May. This will be followed by four stores in the world’s shopping capital, New York and stores in Philadelphia and Newport, Virginia.
F&F has also opened its first store in Armenia. The fashion label continued its partnership with Al Hokair in Europe and Central Asia by opening the store in the Armenian capital, Yerevan. F&F has already opened a number of stores in Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan and Georgia in partnership with Al Hokair.
Jason Tarry, CEO of F&F said: “We’re delighted to be bringing F&F’s range of affordable fashion to customers in the USA this year, including four stores in one of the world’s fashion and shopping capitals, New York. We’ve had a really positive response from customers in all of our overseas markets so we’re hoping our American stores prove to be just as popular. F&F is fast becoming a true global brand, with franchise stores in 10 countries around the world and more planned for the future.”
Simon Marshall, Chairman of the Board of Retail Group of America, and CEO of Fawaz Al Hokair & Co, Saudi Arabia said: “We are delighted to extend our relationship with F&F and Tesco in to the USA. We are now trading from over 20 stores in Saudi Arabia, and also represent F&F in Georgia, Kazakhstan and Armenia and were excited at the chance to bring a brand we cherish to the American consumer in line with our expansion strategy. With New York being the shopping capital of the world, it’s a great opportunity to present a great brand to discerning customers in the biggest retail market on earth. We look forward to growing our presence with F&F in a number of key markets and presenting F&F to the American customer”.
Grant Blackbeard, Commercial Director, Caucasus Region, Al Hokair said: “We are happy to introduce F&F to Armenia. As demand for fashion brands continues to grow in the Armenian market, our customers are continually on the look-out for international, high quality brands at affordable prices. F&F fits this need precisely, and we are very proud to be part of its dynamic growth across the world.”
F&F will be opening franchise stores in the following locations in the US:
- Springfield Holyoke Mall, Maryland
- New York Palisades Centre, New York
- Newport News Patrick Henry Mall, Virginia
- New York Trumbull Mall, New York
- Exton Mall, Pennsylvania
- New York Sunrise Mall, New York
- New York South Shore Mall, New York
Notes to editors
- The F&F brand is owned by Tesco.
- Launched in the UK and ROI in 2001, F&F is now a truly global fashion brand with stores in 21 countries.
- Full list of countries with F&F stores: UK, Republic of Ireland, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Turkey, Slovakia, Malaysia, Thailand, China, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Switzerland, Gibraltar, UAE, Bahrain, Jordan, The Philippines and Armenia.
- F&F currently has 43 franchise stores in 10 countries – Saudi Arabia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Switzerland, Gibraltar, UAE, Bahrain, Jordan, The Philippines and Armenia.
- F&F also offers a delivery service to customers outside of the EU and delivers to over thirty countries worldwide including the US, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Canada.
- In 2010 Tesco opened its first F&F stand-alone store in Prague, Czech Republic. The second opened in Brno, Czech Republic in 2011, and the third in Warsaw, Poland in 2012.
We are a team of over 530,000 people in 12 markets dedicated to bringing the best value, choice and service to our millions of customers each week. Our core purpose is ‘we make what matters better, together’.