Preview party set for April 6; store opens April 8
HOUSTON, 2015-3-12 — /EPR Retail News/ — On April 6, Whole Foods Market will host a preview party for its new Voss location in Houston. The store, a relocation of the company’s Woodway store, will open April 8, at 1407 South Voss Road.
The sneak peek event will feature sips and samples of local and exclusive products, as well as live music. Proceeds will benefit the Houston Blues Society. Limited tickets are available for a $10 donation and can be purchased in advance at https://wfmvoss.eventbrite.com.
At 45,000 square feet, the Voss store is twice the size of the Woodway location. It will offer an array of unique features and a full range of high quality natural and organic products, including more than 400 organic items throughout the store, 75 varieties of freshly cut fruit and vegetables and 20 freshly squeezed juice options. All produce sold at the store will meet the company’s Responsibly Grown rating system, supporting the store’s commitment to quality, human health and the environment.
In keeping with Whole Foods Market tradition, the store will include several innovative features:
• Beer and wine bar featuring 24 taps – including four wines on tap
• Ramen station featuring “Texas Ramen” – traditional Japanese ramen with a Texas barbecue twist, offering pulled chicken, pork, beef brisket and vegan or vegetarian options
• Made-to-order taco station
• Wood-burning pizza oven with pizza by the slice
• Grab-and-go and made-to-order sushi station
• In-store barbecue smokehouse with brisket, pork butt, sausage, ribs and more
• Global Animal Partnership-rated local dog jerky and treats sold in bulk, exclusive to the new Voss store
• Full service Allegro coffee, smoothie and juice bar
• Expansive wine selection with more than 1,300 wines from all over the world
• Community seating, both indoors and outdoors
• Electric vehicle charging station
The store will feature multiple grab-and-go eateries, including a first for Houston area Whole Foods Markets—a ramen station featuring “Texas Ramen.” The new store will also include two large salad and prepared food bars and 12 fresh soup options, making mealtime decisions quick and convenient for shoppers.
Guests can enjoy expanded seafood offerings, with whole fish available daily. Fishmongers will steam, fillet, season, and debone fish for free.
The meat department will feature an in-store barbecue smokehouse with brisket, pork butt, sausage, ribs, and a dry-aged-beef cooler.
Additionally, concierge services will include personal shopping, special orders and catering. The first personal shop fee is waived for all guests. Concierge will offer delivery or free curbside pick-up.
Whole Foods Market Voss was constructed to be environmentally friendly, with features such as reclaimed brick, tile, and wood throughout the store. All wood was sourced within 500 miles of the store.
1407 South Voss Road
Houston, TX 77057
Store hours: 7:00 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily