Retailer to donate 5% of opening day sales to Fosterfields Living Historical Farm
Morristown, NJ, 2015-4-23 — /EPR Retail News/ — Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM),America’s Healthiest Grocery Store®, will open the doors to its newest store in Morristown, NJ on Wednesday, April 22nd. This location marks the thirteenth New Jersey store, and second in Morris County. The day will kick-off with its traditional bread breaking ceremony at 9:00am, followed by sampling, special sales, and other events throughout the store.
In honor of the store opening and as part of the company’s continued commitment to its local communities, Whole Foods Market Morristown is excited to donate five percent of sales from April 22nd to Fosterfields Living Historical Farm. Funds raised Wednesday, will support environmental education programs on the farm and unique opportunities to experience Morristown’s agricultural heritage. Fosterfields will also offer a glimpse into the Victorian era with all-day butter churning demonstrations on opening day. The store has developed valued partnerships with local organizations like Neighborhood House, the Community Soup Kitchen of Morristown, The Seeing Eye and Sustainable Morristown, and will continue to host and support fundraising opportunities with various local organizations throughout the year.
“Whole Foods Market is excited to be joining the historic Morristown community,” said Denise Hall, Store Team Leader for Whole Foods Market Morristown. “After the success of our Madison location, we’re happy to bring our store a little closer to home for our neighbors in Morristown and surrounding communities. We’re looking forward to extending our family-friendly offerings and building lasting partnerships with our new community.”
The new grocery store will feature 19,000 square feet of retail space, serving as a hub for the local community, providing residents with an unrivaled selection of premium natural and organic goods, catering to the distinct tastes of New Jersey, along with a range of delicious dining options.
Each department will host a wide variety of locally sourced goods. Some highlights and new products include:
- The Grocery aisles will put a heavy emphasis on local favorites from New Jersey like Severino pasta, First Field Tomato Sauce, and Steve’s Paleo goods.
- Bakery: Fresh in-house baked goods from cakes and pies to in-house flavored cannoli’s, as well as local breads both baked in-house and sourced from some of New Jersey’s best and most recognizable bakeries, like Balthazaar, Anthony & Sons, and Mo’Pweeze.
- Meat: Dry-aged meats, in-house made sausages, grass-fed beef from Simply Grazin’ farm in Skillman, NJ, unique stuffed meatballs and a special Morristown Burger featuring 100% ground brisket stuffed with American cheese.
- Seafood: Fresh fish in partnership with Trinity Seafood, from the Jersey Shore as well as the company’s dockside facility Pigeon Cove, in Gloucester, MA and introducing new in-house made crab, scallop and salmon cakes, and more!
- Produce: Summer grilling kits with cut and marinated veggies that are ready to grill, along with an expansive medley of local Jersey produce – from Radicle Farms greens in Newark to local black garlic and asparagus.
- Specialty: Wide assortment of cheeses sourced from the best cheese makers around the globe, including NJ-based Cherry Grove cheese makers.
- Coffee: An in-house coffee and espresso bar featuring fresh-brewed Allegro coffee.
- Whole Body: Montclair-based, Chavez for Charity will be selling bracelets benefiting the NJ Battered Women’s Services of Morris County, as well as locally sourced offerings from Lux Soaps among the wide array of natural and organic body care items.
The in-store dining venues from the Prepared Foods Department will feature extensive and unique options for the whole family – from spring salads in the chef’s case featuring local Jersey produce to a wide range of international flavors like Italian sandwiches, sushi, pizza, an Indian and Latin American hot bar, as well as a charcuterie station and smoked barbecue bar to help make summer grilling stress-free.
For additional information and exciting announcements about Whole Foods Market Morristown, an events calendar is available here. Also, please visit the store’s social media channels:
Whole Foods Market Morristown
110 Washington St. Morristown, NJ 07960
Regular Store Hours: [Mon –Sun] 8 AM – 10 PM
Phone Number: (973) 385 – 1900