QVC Sets New Sales Records and Hits All-Time Digital Sales High as Customers Tune in for Hot Gift Items and Exclusive Deals
West Chester, PA, 2015-12-2 — /EPR Retail News/ — From Monday, November 23 to Sunday, November 29, U.S. shoppers flocked to QVC for the hottest gift items and exclusive deals, making this the largest week ever in sales at QVC, as well as the highest-selling Thanksgiving Day and Cyber Monday in QVC’s history. Underscoring a growing consumer preference to shop from the comfort of home – and avoid the chaos of brick-and-mortar retailers – QVC U.S. also achieved record ecommerce sales via web and mobile throughout the week.
Personal electronics, kitchen electrics, and apparel and accessories from brands such as Dell™, Canon, KitchenAid and Susan Graver were among the hottest sellers, each representing a Today’s Special Value®, the best find of the day. The Today’s Special Value for Saturday, November 28, a Dell Windows 10 Laptop, was the highest-selling TSV item ever on QVC.com.
“Throughout the week, shoppers turned to QVC for the season’s most-desired items, from camera-enabled drones to fitness gadgets and functional fashion accessories, making QVC the ultimate gift destination for the whole family,” said Ken O’Brien, SVP of Global Brands Management and U.S. Buying, QVC. “It is clear that our customers prefer to embrace the joy of holiday by shopping remotely, visiting QVC across TV, web, mobile, tablet and social media, rather than the long-standing tradition of heading to the stores.”
QVC U.S. milestones for the week include:
- Thanksgiving week (November 23-29) was the biggest week in terms of sales in QVC’s history. Ecommerce accounted for 58% of sales.
- Thanksgiving Day (November 26) was the highest-selling Thanksgiving ever.
- Black Friday (November 27) was the highest-selling Black Friday ever on QVC.com.
- Cyber Monday (November 30) was the highest-selling Cyber Monday ever.
“We look for products that bring the joy of discovery to customers, and the best sellers across categories have one unifying theme – customers can find what they love, and love what they find at QVC this holiday season,” O’Brien concluded.
Product highlights of the week:
- Electronics, including audio players, computers and cameras from popular brands such as Bose®, Dell and Canonwere hot sellers.
- Classic kitchen favorites from Vitamix, KitchenAid, and Keurig were popular choices in cooking and dining.
- Shoppers rushed to buy must-have beauty gift sets from premier brands such as bareMinerals®, tarte, Josie Maran and IT Cosmetics.
- Fun, hi-tech items like the Panther Wide Drone with Camera and the Fitbit Wireless Activity Tracker have been popular.
- Accessories and apparel from top brands including Dennis Basso, Isaac Mizrahi LIVE!TM, Susan Graver and Dooney & Bourke remain hot.
- Items that combine fashion and function are striking it big, including the G.I.L.I. got it love it® with HALOGUARD Leather RFID Pouch and the LODIS Italian Leather Credit Card Cases with RFID Protection, both designed to help protect your technology while providing a trendy edge.
Demonstrating QVC’s commitment to providing customers with an engaging experience on today’s most innovative platforms, the QVC for Apple TV app launched on October 29, just in time for the hottest holiday shopping week. Customers can find holiday inspiration all season long directly through the app, where they can make purchases easily with a click of their remote.
For more information about QVC’s daily specials and a curated assortment of gift ideas, please visit QVC.com and QVC apps throughout the holiday season.
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB), is the world’s leading video and ecommerce retailer. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 350 million homes worldwide through operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France and a joint venture in China. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has evolved from a TV shopping company to a leading ecommerce and mobile commerce retailer. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
SOURCE: QVC, Inc.