FRAMINGHAM, Mass, 2016-Aug-15 — /EPR Retail News/ — Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS) is hosting a special Teacher Appreciation Day across the country to help teachers save while they prepare for the new school year. The first 100 teachers at each Staples store on Teacher Appreciation Day, Wednesday, August 17, will receive a free sample kit with special coupons; plus every teacher with a valid teacher ID will receive 10% off of their purchase.
“We appreciate all that teachers do for students so Staples is hosting our own Teacher Appreciation Day to help teachers save on their classroom supplies for the new school year,” said Christine Mallon, vice president of retail marketing, Staples. “Teachers will receive a special discount and coupons as well as season-long low prices on back-to-school essentials with the Less List for School.”
Teachers can take advantage of even more savings for back to school including:
- Teacher Rewards – The Staples Teacher Rewards program gives educators up to 5% back in Staples Rewards on everything in store and online, including technology and services (excluding postage and phone/gift cards), up to 10% back in Rewards on teaching and art supplies and free shipping on online orders of $14.99 or more.
- Exclusive Deals for Teachers – Now college students and teachers can sign up for exclusive offers and deals on featured brands for school.
- Staples 110% Lowest Price Guarantee – Staples matches any competitors’ prices, plus gives customers an additional 10% of the difference between the Staples price and the competitor price at time of purchase.
- Less List for School – Season-long lowest prices on back-to-school essentials such as composition books, two-pocket folders, pens, scissors, crayons and technology like calculators, USB drives, ear buds, batteries and more.
- Weekly School Steals – Extra savings on popular items and can be found in the Staples weekly ad.
Teachers can find these deals and more on the Staples back-to-school center (www.staples.com/backtoschool).
Staples offers a broad assortment that’s in stock all season long so teachers can get everything they need for their classroom. An expanded assortment of teaching supplies, the top brands teachers want and more can all be found in Staples stores and online at www.staples.com/backtoschool.
Staples for Students Campaign Helps Teachers Bring Learning to Life
In addition to offering savings to teachers, Staples has once again joined forces with superstar Katy Perry to help teachers bring learning to life for students during the back-to-school season. Continuing its long-standing commitment to supporting education through the Staples for Students campaign, Staples donated $1 million to DonorsChoose.org, a charity that has funded classroom projects for teachers and has positively affected more than 18 million students across the country. Customers can help support teachers by donating $1 to DonorsChoose.org in Staples stores across the country. Donors will receive a free, exclusive Katy Perry pencil (while supplies last). Teachers can visit Donorschoose.org/teachers to connect to a community of donors and begin uploading classroom projects.
About Staples, Inc.
Staples retail stores and Staples.com help small business customers make more happen by providing a broad assortment of products, expanded business services and easy ways to shop, all backed with a lowest price guarantee. Staples offers businesses the convenience to shop and buy how and when they want – in store, online, via mobile or though social apps. Staples.com customers can either buy online and pick-up in store or ship for free from Staples.com with Staples Rewards minimum purchase. Expanded services also make it easy for businesses to succeed with in-store Business Centers featuring shipping services and products, copying, scanning, faxing and computer work stations, Tech Services, full-service Print & Marketing Services, Staples Merchant Services, small business lending and credit services.
Staples Business Advantage, the business-to-business division of Staples, Inc., helps mid-market, commercial and enterprise-sized customers make more happen by offering a curated assortment of products and services combined with deep expertise, best-in-class customer service, competitive pricing and state-of-the art-ecommerce site. Staples Business Advantage is the one-source solution for all things businesses need to succeed, including office supplies, facilities cleaning and maintenance, breakroom snacks and beverages, technology, furniture, interior design and Print & Marketing Services. Headquartered outside of Boston, Staples, Inc. operates throughout North and South America,Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. More information about Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com
Source: Staples, Inc.