Washington, 2016-Sep-22 — /EPR Retail News/ — Today (September 20, 2016) Shop.org announced this year’s lineup of breakout sessions for Retail’s Digital Summit, to be held Monday, Sept. 26 through Wednesday, Sept. 28 in Dallas. Retail’s Digital Summit will feature tactical and comprehensive breakout sessions presented by industry experts and other business leaders, for more than 5,000 retail, e-commerce and multichannel executives in attendance.
The breakout sessions are broken down into six tracks covering almost every digital retail hot topic, providing practical takeaways and proven tactics. Highlights include:
- Cross-Border E-commerce will cover how to conquer new markets and learn how to handle international hurdles such as logistics, regulations, pricing and payments, platforms and marketing strategies. Session highlight: How to Compete and Win in China E-Commerce features Export Now CEO Frank Lavin and David Roth, CEO of The Store, EMEA and Asia.
- Digital Marketing will explore how to tell your story and build your brand by exploring some of the nimblest marketing strategies and best creative advertising that have been used successfully by top retail companies. Session highlight: Search: The New and the Now for 2016 features Google’s Industry Director April Anderson.
- Customer Experience will discuss how a weak brand experience can drive away sales and erode consumer engagement. Session highlight: It’s All Connected – The Secrets of Customer Journey Mapping features REI’s Allan Kempson.
- Mastering Mobile focuses on consumers’ increasing reliance and comfort with mobile and how it has transformed retail. Session highlight: Reinvent Your Business (and Save Retail Stores!) with Mobile: Chatbots and Location Analytics features ReplyYes CEO Dave Cotter and Curbside’s Jaron Waldman.
- Cutting Edge Digital will discover fresh concepts, innovative business models and new technologies that are changing the face of retailing and enhancing the customer experience. Session highlight: Doing Well By Doing Good – How to Build Trust and Win the Modern Customer features a panel of retailers from The Container Store, ThriftBooks Global and more.
- Omnichannel Retail will cover how best-in-class retailers are creating a consistent and convenient shopping experience across selling channels. Session highlight: How is Mobile Changing the Omnichannel Shopper Experience? A Facebook Perspective features Maz Sharafi, Facebook’s director for product marketing.
“We are thrilled to be able to provide conference attendees the opportunity to learn from industry experts on topics that are critical to today’s dynamic retail environment,” NRF Vice President of Digital Retail Artemis Berry said. “Our goal is that they leave summit with practical skills and knowledge that they are able to implement into their current business practices so that they can continue to grow and succeed.”
Breakout Sessions schedule (in its entirety):
Tuesday, September 27
1:45 – 2:30pm
2016 Shop.org Digital Commerce Startup of the Year
Doing Well By Doing Good – How to Build Trust and Win the Modern Customer
Reinvent Your Business (and Save Retail Stores!) with Mobile: Chatbots and Location Analytics
Search: The New and the Now for 2016
When Old and New Collide: Transformation for Digital-First Commerce
3:30 – 4:15pm
Lands’ End – Elevating an Iconic Company Into a Meaningful Global Lifestyle Brand
The Big Opportunity: Discussing Strategies for Entering Emerging Markets with Calvin Klein
The Jason and Scot Show: The Shop.org Edition
Ulta Beauty’s Unconventional Growth Story: Omnichannel Expansion is a Beautiful Thing
Why Email Just Doesn’t Die – Bright Shiny Objects: What’s Sexy Now in Digital Marketing
4:15 – 5:00pm
Post-Session Chat Room – Cross-Border E-commerce
Post-Session Chat Room – Customer Experience
Post-Session Chat Room – Cutting Edge Digital
Post-Session Chat Room – Digital Marketing
Post-Session Chat Room – Omnichannel Retail
Wednesday, September 28
11:30 – 12:15pm
2:00 – 3:00pm
How is Mobile Changing the Omnichannel Shopper Experience? A Facebook Perspective
It’s All Connected – The Secrets of Customer Journey Mapping
Retail Innovation: Omnichannel and The Future of Personalization
Complimentary registration is available to editorial members of the news media as well as accredited retail analysts and bloggers. For more information, please visit the Digital Summit media registration page.
Shop.org, a division of the National Retail Federation, is the world’s leading community for digital retail, offering thought leadership through original research and gold standard events. The community is made up of exclusive networking groups and committees that lead the global conversation surrounding innovative e-commerce trends and digital retail.
NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, representing discount and department stores, home goods and specialty stores, Main Street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and Internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries. Retail is the nation’s largest private sector employer, supporting one in four U.S. jobs — 42 million working Americans. Contributing $2.6 trillion to annual GDP, retail is a daily barometer for the nation’s economy. NRF’s This is Retail campaign highlights the industry’s opportunities for life-long careers, how retailers strengthen communities, and the critical role that retail plays in driving innovation. nrf.com