- Southeastern Grocers is unveiling 73 new Harveys Supermarket stores in one of the largest single-day grocery grand openings across Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Florida.
- The new Harveys Supermarket is committed to Great Value and Great Prices – that’s a promise – and our customers will discover over 3,000 items lower in price across the store.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., 2016-Nov-18 — /EPR Retail News/ — Today (Nov. 16, 2016), Southeastern Grocers, parent company of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, unveiled its new Harveys Supermarket store concept in 73 locations throughout the Southeast during a simultaneous ribbon-cutting ceremony at each location, spanning Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Florida.
By listening to customers throughout their communities, the company has tailored each new Harveys Supermarket store to the needs of the communities it serves, with a focus on great value, stunning quality food and serving with personality.
Each new Harveys Supermarket is focused on delivering many ways to save with “Great Low Price” items and “Low and Staying Low” deals, which together offer more than 3,000 items at reduced prices throughout the store.
Some items include:
• Breyer’s Ice Cream – 48 oz. – Was $5.99 Now $4.50 (25% savings)
• Crisco Vegetable Oil – 48 oz. – was $4.19 – now $3.19 (over 20% savings)
• Nestle Pure Life 24 CT – was $4.99 – now $3.99 (20% savings)
• White Lily Self-Rising Flour – was $3.49 now $2.99 (15% savings)
Ian McLeod, President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers said, “For more than 90 years, Harveys Supermarket has been the local grocer that customers can count on for all their grocery needs. The Harveys banner expansion exemplifies our commitment to our nearcentury heritage and unwavering customer promise of providing great value, great prices and great service.”
“Customers shopping at our new Harveys Supermarket will now find thousands of great low prices and significant savings that make a meaningful difference for families on a budget,” said Ian McLeod.
The new and improved Harveys Supermarket locations offer enhancements throughout the store, including:
• Harveys newest design concept features a new façade, with fresh, contemporary interior signage.
• More than 800 products are now priced, “Low and Staying Low,” and are easily found in store with a distinctive bright yellow thumbs-up sign – price guaranteed for at least 6 months.
• Over 2,200 items across the store are reduced in price – easily identified by the, “Great Low Price” tags – great low prices, whether on-sale or off-sale.
• New $1 Zone within the store, with savings on more than 600 popular items for only $1, including beverages, canned goods, cleaners, meals, greeting cards, baby and health items.
• An expanded meat department with new smoked meats and value meat selections – Big Pack, Big Value!
• “Pick 5” with more than 75 items to choose from, including fresh and frozen meats, for only $19.95; a 25% average discount!
• Refreshed produce department featuring stunningly-fresh quality produce from over 90 local farmers.
• Expanded health and beauty care section with more than 250 new products to save customers a trip to the salon or barbershop.
Harveys Supermarket has more than 90 years of heritage in the Southeast. Due to the overwhelming positive response to recent openings in Charlotte, NC and Jacksonville, FL, Southeastern Grocers is providing the same commitment to great value for 73 more communities in which it operates, kicking-off with one of the largest single-day grocery grand openings in the Southeast, including 11 BI-LO, 55 Harveys and 7 Winn-Dixie stores.
New Rewards Card Launched
And yet another way to save at the new Harveys, customers throughout all Harveys locations will be able to upgrade to a Harveys Rewards + Plenti® card and earn points across multiple brands.
The average Harveys household will have the opportunity to save hundreds of dollars annually with the upgraded Harveys Rewards + Plenti® program, including earning free gas and groceries whenever they purchase gas and groceries. For more information, customers can visit http://www.harveyssupermarkets.com/plenti.
The first new Harveys Supermarket store concept was launched in Jacksonville, FL in May 2016, followed by the Charlotte, NC store in July 2016. Harveys Supermarket now includes 73 locations.
Customers can visit www.harveyssupermarkets.com for individual store locations and hours of operation.
About Southeastern Grocers
Southeastern Grocers, LLC, parent company and home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the second-largest supermarket in the Southeast based on store count. The company employs nearly 60,000 associates who serve customers in grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies throughout the seven southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina. BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie are well-known and well-respected regional brands with deep heritages, strong neighborhood ties, proud histories of giving back, talented and loyal associates, and strong commitments to providing the best possible quality and value to customers. For more information, visit www.bi-lo.com, www.frescoymas.com, www.harveyssupermarkets.com and www.winndixie.com.
For SEG interviews, or images contact:
Manager, Corporate Communications
(904) 318-7197 cell
Source: Southeastern Grocers