Tokyo, 2016-Nov-19 — /EPR Retail News/ — Rakuten, Inc. today (November 17, 2016) announced that it is collaborating with Lawson, Inc. on a pickup service that will allow customers to receive books, CDs, DVDs and other products purchased from Rakuten’s online bookstore, Rakuten Books, at Lawson convenience stores around Japan (11,922 stores as of the end of October 2016, excluding “Lawson Store 100” stores).
Customers who purchase products from Rakuten Books and select the convenience store pickup service as their chosen method of delivery will be able to pick up their products from their Lawson store of choice, such as a store close to their home or place of work, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with free shipping*1. Additionally, customers can also pay for their goods at the store counter*2.
Rakuten Books has been offering a convenience store pickup service known as Rakuten Books @ Convenience Store Pickup since 2008, with the goal of broadening the product delivery methods available to customers and allowing them to use Rakuten Books’ services more conveniently*3. In response to customers’ diverse pickup requirements, in 2013 Rakuten Books began offering “Asu Raku,” a next-day delivery service for certain products and regions, and in 2015 it began offering an “Asu Raku” same-day delivery service. Now, by adding Lawson stores to the coverage of the Rakuten Books @ Convenience Store Pickup service, it will be even more convenient for customers nationwide to receive their goods.
Rakuten Books will continue to strive to enhance its services in order to provide its customers with ever more convenient services.
*1 In some cases there are size and weight restrictions. It is not possible to designate the date or the time.
*2 When using a payment-on-delivery method, a 265 yen (including tax) fee will also be applied to each order.
*3 Applications to pick up goods at Circle K and Sunkus stores stopped being accepted on September 28, 2016.
Overview of Rakuten Books’ product pickup service at Lawson stores
Details of service:
– When books, CDs and DVDs are purchased at Rakuten Books, the goods can be received and paid for (265 yen fee applies, including tax) at Lawson stores nationwide
– Goods can be picked up from the store from the evening of the second day after placing the order at the earliest (one day longer than express home delivery )
– Goods will be held in-store for one week
1. Order an eligible product at Rakuten Books
2. When selecting the delivery (pickup) method, specify the Lawson store where you would like to pick up your goods
3. Present the printed ticket that can be acquired by inputting the inquiry number and authentication number included in the pickup e-mail from Rakuten Books into a Loppi multimedia terminal located in a Lawson store, or display the barcode that can be acquired from the pickup e-mail at the counter in the Lawson store
4. Receive your product
Source: Rakuten, Inc.