New store on Lincoln Way features fresh food and a variety of fuel options
Ames, IA, 2017-Aug-31 — /EPR Retail News/ — Kum & Go opens the doors Thursday, August 31, at 6 a.m. to its newest store in Ames, Iowa, at 4506 Lincoln Way. The 6,000+-square foot store will focus on fresh food and features a variety of unique offerings. To help encourage customers to try those offerings, the first 99 customers will receive a coupon for a 99-cent whole pizza!
A key feature of the store is an expanded and open food preparation area that customers can see from the moment they enter. Other location features include:
- Elevated food experience with Kum & Go’s “Go Fresh Market”
- Open kitchen layout, clear aisles and easy-to-navigate zones
- Expansive beer cave and Growler station featuring fresh beer on tap, many from local breweries:
- Toppling Goliath Pompeii
- Confluence Des Moines IPA
- Confluence Oktoberfest
- Firetrucker Uptown IPA
- Twisted Vine Twisted Blonde Ale
- Exile Ruthie
- Schlafly Pumpkin Ale
- Boone Valley Brewing Roxie Irish Red
- Custom Ampersand sculpture celebrating the sights and attractions of the Ames community.
- Seating inside and patio seating outside
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and charging stations for customers
- Design using energy efficient and sustainable design practices
“This footprint represents everything that Kum & Go strives to be for our associates and for our customers,” said Kum & Go president and CEO Kyle J. Krause. “This is the evolution of our brand promise and business approach. Now customers can truly experience the “more” that we provide.”
The store will be open 24 hours a day. The phone number to the store is 515-292-9416. The phone number to the food area is 515-292-4368.
Kum & Go operates 8 stores in the Ames area, and 131 in the state of Iowa. Future locations of this food-focused layout are planned for 2017 in Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma and South Dakota.
About Kum & Go, L.C.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Wyoming).
Director of Communications
Kum & Go
Source: Kum & Go