Welwyn Garden City, UK, 2017-Oct-06 — /EPR Retail News/ — A wine from the Tesco finest* range has been crowned best Sauvignon Blanc in the country following the announcement of the International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC) trophies today (2 Oct 2017).
The Tesco finest* North Row Sauvignon Blanc 2016 beat off over 300 other Sauvignon Blancs including customer favourites Oyster Bay, Brancott Estate and The Ned to be awarded the Sauvignon Blanc Trophy 2017, the first supermarket own label to do so.
Described as a ‘crisp dry wine and a classic example of a concentrated and vibrant Sauvignon Blanc with powerful aromas and lengthy finish.’ The finest* North Row Sauvignon Blanc is the perfect wine to enjoy chilled or with simple fresh seafood dishes or garden salads.
Tesco’s Product Developer for the wine, Alexandra Runciman said: “We are over the moon to have received the coveted best Sauvignon Blanc Trophy from the IWSC. We are proud to work closely with our customers and trusted partners to offer great quality, world-class wines at affordable prices, and our finest* North Row Sauvignon offers just that.”
Alongside the Tesco finest* North Row Sauvignon Blanc, a further 13 Tesco finest* wines received medals, with the newly launched Tesco finest* SR Sauvignon Riesling and Tesco finest* Barossa Shiraz both scooping silver medals.
All the award winning wines are available in store on online nationally and are priced between £6.00 – £13.00
Notes to Editors
Full list of IWSC award winning wines for 2017
Gold and Trophy
Tesco finest* North Row Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc 2016 (£13)
- Tesco finest* The Trilogy Malbec 2015
- Tesco finest* Argentinian Torrontes 2016
- Tesco finest* Yarra Valley Chardonnay 2016
- Tesco Finest* Dessert Semillon 2013
- Tesco finest* Barossa Shiraz 2016
- Tesco finest* Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon
- Tesco finest* Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2016
- Tesco finest* SR Sauvignon Riesling 2016
- Tesco finest* Yarra Valley Pinot Noir 2016
- Tesco finest* GSM 2015
- Tesco finest* Riesling 2014
- Tesco finest* Marlborough Pinot Noir 2015
- Tesco finest* Argentinian Malbec 2016
For further information, please contact:
Tesco BWS PR Manager
T: 07811 382 790