Associates donate nearly 115,000 service hours in October to celebrate 15th anniversary of Kohl’s volunteer program
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis, 2016-Nov-17 — /EPR Retail News/ — Today ( November 15, 2016), during a town hall meeting with associates from across the country, Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s chairman, chief executive officer and president, announced a donation of more than $10 million in grants to nonprofits following a month-long volunteer challenge celebrating the 15th anniversary of Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) associate volunteer program. Throughout October, thousands of Kohl’s associates donated their time to take part in a record-breaking number of volunteer events, spending more than 115, 000 hours serving communities nationwide.
“Kohl’s purpose is to empower and inspire families to lead fulfilled lives and our associates live and act on this mission every day. We are committed to service both in our stores and in the community, which is why we started Kohl’s volunteer program 15 years ago,” said Mansell. “We know our associates are passionate about giving back to organizations that matter to them. Our volunteer results surpassed our expectations and we are proud of the Kohl’s associates who made it all happen.”
During the month of October, Kohl’s associates volunteered for nearly 8,000 events, an average of more than 250 events per day, to support a variety of nonprofit organizations, including:
• Remodeling kennels for an organization that provides veterans with service dogs in Flemington, N.J.
• Participating in a volunteer event per day for the entire month of October in St. Marys, Ohio
• Holding beach clean-ups and garbage collection in and around local waterways in West Melbourne, Fla.
• Hosting a Halloween party at a residential childcare facility with 150 associates from 27 stores in Northern Illinois
• Assembling blankets for an organization that distributes them to critically ill children in McKinney, Texas
• Planting trees at a local park to create more green space in Kansas City, Kan.
• Aiding an annual race supporting the fight against cancer in San Diego, Calif.
• Partnering with an organization to build a home for a local family in Billings, Mont.
• Assisting with animal adoption clinics for homeless pets in Anchorage, Alaska
• Sorting nearly 24,000 pounds of food for those in need in Milwaukee, Wis.
Kohl’s deploys a network of 140,000 associates who make time to support organizations that matter to them through volunteerism year-round. Through Kohl’s volunteer program, more than 1 million associates have donated nearly 4 million hours of their time in the 15 years of the program, and Kohl’s has donated more than $112 million to nonprofit organizations served. This program is part of Kohl’s overall philanthropic platform, Kohl’s Cares®, which is committed to supporting children’s health initiatives nationwide. To inquire about coordinating a Kohl’s volunteer program event, contact your local Kohl’s store and ask to speak with the store manager about the event. Find your nearest Kohl’s by visiting Kohls.com/stores
Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) is a leading specialty department store with more than 1,100 stores in 49 states. With a commitment to inspiring and empowering families to lead fulfilled lives, the company offers amazing national and exclusive brands, incredible savings and inspiring shopping experiences in-store, online at Kohls.com and via mobile devices. Committed to its communities, Kohl’s has raised nearly $300 million for children’s initiatives nationwide through its Kohl’s Cares® cause merchandise program, which operates under Kohl’s Cares, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kohl’s Department Stores, Inc. For additional information about Kohl’s philanthropic and environmental initiatives, visit http://www.Kohls.com/Cares. For a list of store locations and information, or for the added convenience of shopping online, visit www.Kohls.com.
Connect with Kohl’s: