- Over 3,500 products on offer for 10-day event
- Top brands to include Samsung, Dyson, Hotpoint, HP, Sony, GoPro and Bose across large domestic appliances, TVs, computing and smart tech
- Lowest ever prices on 100s of products, plus breakthrough pricing deals on host of top brands
- UK’s largest electrical retailer gears up for 141 orders per minute across 10-day period
- Mobile traffic set to be greater than desktop for first year ever
London, UK, 2016-Nov-23 — /EPR Retail News/ — Today (21 Nov 2016), Currys PC World kicks off its biggest ever 10-day Black Tag deals event, across online, in-store and click and collect services with thousands of products on offer ahead of the festive season.
Shoppers will be able to snap up early offers on top brands including Samsung, Dyson, Hotpoint, HP Sony, GoPro and Bose across large domestic appliances, TVs, computing and smart tech. Currys PC World will also carry out thousands of extra deliveries to ensure products gets to customers safely and securely, with 40% more staff in team Knowhow available to assist.
On top of this, the retailer will then release a fresh new set of best-ever deals on Black Friday itself, with selected deals going online from midnight, all deals available online from 6am and in stores from 8am across the country*, giving customers the opportunity to shop for great deals on top quality brands over a 10-day period.
This is also the first year the UK’s leading electrical retailer is predicting that mobile traffic will be greater than desktop, with almost two thirds (62%) of visitors to the website coming from mobile devices (43% mobiles; 19% tablets), compared to 38% coming from desktop. The retailer is gearing up for 141 orders per minute online and in stores across the 10-day period, and is going into Black Friday with more stock than ever before.
Black Tag deals include:
- Super-sized TVs featuring the latest 4K technology are set to be a big hit this Christmas. The Samsung 50” 50KU6020 4K TV is on offer at £449, its lowest ever price with a saving of £200 (was price £649). For customers after smaller TVs there will also be an awesome JVC Smart DVD 32” TV at only £189.99 (was £249.99)
- Whether it’s for a Christmas present or a gift for yourself there will also be large savings to be had on laptops, with £200 off on selected HP laptops. The Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB & Typecover Bundle is only £729, down from £958 – a saving of £229
- Smart toys continue to grow in popularity and are a great option for kids and grown-up kids alike. The popular Star Wars Sphero BB8 will have a saving of £30
- For those looking to invest in large kitchen appliances so they are ready for the big day, now’s the time to buy with great deals on more than a thousand products including the lowest ever prices on American-style freezers and latest heat pump tumble dryers. Plus, customers can save up to £200 on Samsung washing machines and there’s up to £200 off our range of Dyson cordless and upright vacuum cleaners
- For the gamers there’s great prices on the Xbox One and Playstation consoles plus customers can save £80 on the Logitech Steering Wheel
- Finally, for a perfect stocking filler pick up the PNY Curve Power banks for half price or better, charging a smart phone up to five times, or the Fresh 12,000mAh Power Bank for half price, down from £49.99 to £24.99, charging a smart phone up to six times
Stuart Ramage, E-commerce Director, Dixons Carphone: “We know that it’s a key time for our customers so we’ll be offering some of our best-ever deals across the 10-day period kicking off with Black Tag. We’ve also increased our stock again this year, adding significantly to what we had in 2015, so that shoppers won’t be disappointed.
He continues: “We’re predicting that this Black Friday will be the biggest we’ve ever seen at Currys PC World and as the largest electrical retailer in the UK, we’ve been working hard to negotiate great deals and prices, so our customers can pick up a great deal across a range of big-name brands that we know they love.”
Currys PC World’s Price Promise will also be applicable for Black Friday, with the retailer promising to match or beat any prices from AO.com, Argos, Asda, John Lewis and Tesco – and shoppers can make the most of the retailer’s Your Plan – the brand new flexible, personalised credit plan designed to make the purchase of big-ticket items much more affordable.
Notes to Editors
Deals correct as of 18th November 2016, available for a 10-day period from 21st November, or while stocks last.
*Please check local store information for specific store opening times
About Dixons Carphone
Dixons Carphone plc is Europe’s leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, employing over 42,000 people in eleven countries.
Focused on helping customers navigate the connected world, Dixons Carphone offers a comprehensive range of electrical and mobile products, connectivity and expert after-sales services from the Geek Squad and Knowhow.
Dixons Carphone’s primary brands include Carphone Warehouse and CurrysPCWorld in the UK & Ireland, Elkjøp, Elkjøp Phonehouse, Elgiganten, Elgiganten Phonehouse, Gigantti and Lefdal in the Nordic countries, Kotsovolos in Greece, Dixons Travel in a number of UK & Ireland airports and Phone House in Spain. Our key service brands include Knowhow in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics, and Geek Squad in the UK, Ireland and Spain.
Business-to-business (B2B) services are provided through Connected World Services, PC World Business and Carphone Warehouse Business. Connected World Services aims to leverage the Group’s existing expertise, operating processes and technology to provide a range of services to businesses.
Dixons Carphone was voted ‘Retailer of the Year’ at the Retail Week Awards 2016
For further information, please contact the Currys PC World press office at M&C Saatchi PR:email@example.com
Source: Dixons Carphone