Loyal Customers Given Exclusive Availability to Shop More Than 100 Black Friday Sales in Advance of the Holiday Shopping Crowds
WAYNE, NJ, 2015-11-16 — /EPR Retail News/ — Toys“R”Us® today announced its Thanksgiving Weekend plans, revealing the season’s hottest doorbusters on this year’s most sought-after playthings, including more than 350 offers and $8,000 in savings. With Toys“R”Us stores nationwide opening at 5pm on Thursday, November 26*, deal-seeking customers can save on items at the top of kids’ wish lists including, Shopkins, Star Wars®, NERF® and more. Bringing extra yuletide joy to the company’s 19 million loyalty members, Toys“R”Us will provide exclusive, early access in-store and online to more than 100 Black Friday items beginning Sunday, November 22.
“Whether gift-givers are looking to save before the Thanksgiving turkey defrosts, shop online or join the excited crowds at their local store, Toys“R”Us is THE one stop that toy shoppers can’t afford to miss this Black Friday,” said Richard Barry, Executive Vice President, Global Chief Merchandising Officer, Toys“R”Us, Inc. “Toys“R”Us customers can expect unbeatable Black Friday deals on hundreds of toys we know are going to bring smiles to kids’ faces on Christmas morning. And, our most loyal consumers can beat the crowds and get a jump start on shopping with additional, exclusive offers.”
Spreading Holiday Cheer to Rewards“R”Us Loyalty Members with Early Access and Big Savings
Toys“R”Us is providing its most loyal shoppers with more than 100 Black Friday doorbusters in advance of the busy shopping weekend – both in-store and online – beginning Sunday, November 22. Rewards“R”Us members have the added benefit of accumulating points on their purchases, thus extending their holiday savings, with the ability to apply those points to last-minute presents or wait to use them for Toys“R”Us shopping in the New Year.
Throughout November and December, “R”Us Credit Cardholders are eligible to receive an additional 10% off their Toys“R”Us and/or Babies“R”Us purchases when they use their “R”Us Credit Card in-store on Thursdays, including Thanksgiving. Through December 19, existing Cardholders can also save 10% every Saturday when they use their “R”Us Credit Card in-store**. Shoppers who elect to open an account in-store on Saturdays can stack this offer along with our everyday 15%*** off purchases or 6-month special financing offer****, granting shoppers maximum ways to save this holiday season. Those who wish to apply for an “R”Us Credit Card can simply visit any “R”Us store nationwide or Toysrus.com/Rewardsrus.
Carving In To Deals from the Comfort of Home
Consumers looking to prep the turkey and set the table while still saving, can shop the majority of the Toys“R”Us Thanksgiving Weekend offers from home. Deals will begin at 9pm ET – one hour earlier than last year – on Wednesday, November 25 at Toysrus.com/BlackFriday.
Helpful Services from THE Toy Authority
With the Toys“R”Us “Navigators,” also known as the “G.P.S.” (Gurus for Play Stuff), a speedy checkout at a dedicated Express Lane and the new $19 shipping minimum for online purchases*****, Toys“R”Us is dedicated to making Black Friday shopping an #AwesomeMoment for families.
“AWWWESOME” Black Friday Ads and a #BlackFridayMadeEasy Twitter Party
As the “AWWWESOME” “Shelf Talker” holiday marketing campaign continues to roll out, new advertisements spotlight the Black Friday deals available to Toys“R”Us shoppers. In one spot touting the Rewards“R”Us members’ early access, a very excited My Little Pony® re-envisions the shopping holiday with pink sparkles and glitter, much to the dismay of her friends on the shelf.
In addition, the company is also encouraging fans to join a Twitter Party on Tuesday, November 24 at 2pm ET by using #BlackFridayMadeEasy. Hosted in partnership with The Mommyhood Chronicles, consumers will learn more about Black Friday doorbusters and in-store services designed to make shopping quick and simple, as well as receive suggestions from THE toy experts about hot toys and much more.
Following the party, fans can continue to engage with Toys“R”Us socially on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrus, on Instagram at Instagram.com/Toysrus, as well as subscribe to the Toys“R”Us channel on YouTube (YouTube.com/Toysrus), and follow the company on Snapchat (@ToysRUsOfficial) to see big offers, excited gift-givers shop on Black Friday and more this holiday and beyond.
For media use: Photos, b-roll and “AWWWESOME” ads related to Thanksgiving Weekend and Black Friday at Toys“R”Us, are available at https://toysrus.sharefile.com/d-sd577dc0d4b6485b8.
For company news and updates throughout the season, please visit “R” Holiday Press Room.
Following are highlights of doorbusters available at Toys“R”Us stores only nationwide beginning Thursday, November 26 from 5pm to midnight, while supplies last (no rain checks).
- SAVE $15 on Fisher-Price® Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBo – Was $39.99; Now $24.99
- 50% OFF Paw Patrol Rescue Training Center™ – Was $29.99; Now $14.99
- SAVE $70 ON EXCLUSIVE Imaginarium™ 55-Piece Train Set with Table – Was $109.99; Now $39.99
- BOGO 80% OFF ALL Skylanders® SuperChargers Single Figures and Vehicles
- BOGO 60% OFF ALL LEGO® Dimensions Fun Packs
- SAVE $150 ON EXCLUSIVE 12-volt Black or Barbie® Escalade – Was $449.99; Now $299.99
- 50% OFF EXCLUSIVE Journey Girls® Limited Edition 2-Doll Gift Pack – Was $99.99; Now $49.99
- 50% OFF EXCLUSIVE NERF® N-Strike LongShot CS-6 Blaster – Was $39.99; Now $19.99
- SAVE $20 on EASY-BAKE Ultimate Oven – Was $44.99; Now $24.99
- $5 EXCLUSIVE Shopkins™ Season 3 Ornaments (each) – Two exclusive Shopkins in each ornament!
Following are examples of additional savings that will be available beginning Thursday, November 26 at 5pm through Saturday, November 28 at midnight, while supplies last (no rain checks). Those who want to shop online as early as 9pm ET on Wednesday, November 25, will be delighted to find the majority of the following deals available at Toysrus.com.
- 40% OFF ALL High-back Chairs & Flip Open Sofas
- 50% OFF VTech® Alphabet Activity Cubes – Was $49.99; Now $24.99
- 30% OFF ALL EXCLUSIVE LEGO® Ultra Agents Construction Sets
- 50% OFF Fisher-Price® Medical Kits – Was $14.99; Now $7.49
- OVER 60% OFF EXCLUSIVE Crayola® Fabulous Art Kit, Super Art & Craft Kit or Super Art Coloring Kit – Was $26.99; Now $10.00
- 50% OFF EXCLUSIVE Barbie® Rock ‘n Royals Super Star Limo – Was $59.99; Now $29.99
- SAVE $150 on Razor® Crazy Cart™ – Was $399.99; Now $249.99
- UP TO 65% OFF ALL Disney Princess Petite Princess 6” Toddler Dolls –
- Was $10.99 –$14.99; Now $5 each
- 2 FOR $25 ALL “R” Superbuy Video Game Software
Following are select deals available on Friday, November 27 from 7am through Saturday, November 28 at midnight, as well as online at Toysrus.com, while supplies last (no rain checks):
- $50 OFF EXCLUSIVE The Home Depot® Big Builders Pro Workshop™ – Was $129.99; Now $79.99
- OVER 40% OFF Max Tow™ Truck – Was $59.99; Now $34.99
- 50% OFF Disney Princess Little Mermaid Sisters Dolls 7-Pack or Small Doll MagiClip Princess 7-Pack – Was $29.99; Now $14.99
- SAVE $30 ON EXCLUSIVE VTech® Go! Go! Smart Wheels Smart City Heroes™ – Was $79.99; Now $49.99
- 50% OFF Playskool Heroes Transformers® Rescue Bots Optimus Primal Figure – Was $34.99; Now $17.49
- BOGO Mix & Match – Toys To Life:
- BOGO 40% OFF ALL Skylanders® SuperChargers and Trap Team™ Figures, Vehicles and Accessories (excludes Starter Pack)
- BOGO 40% OFF ALL Disney Infinity Figures, Vehicles and Accessories (excludes Starter Pack)
- BOGO 40% OFF ALL amiibo Figures, Cards and Accessories (excludes Starter Pack)
- SAVE $800 on Big Backyard Premium Charleston Lodge Wood Swing Set – Was $1599.99; Now $799.99 (in-store only)
- SAVE $80 on Step2 Happy Home Cottage & Grill™ – Was $179.99; now $99.99
*Toys“R”Us stores nationwide will open at 5pm on Thursday, November 26 and remain open until 11pm on Friday, November 27, except for stores in Paramus, NJ, which will open on Thanksgiving from 5 – 11pm and will reopen on Friday, November 27 at 7am, and stores in Watchung, NJ, which will open on Thanksgiving from 5 – 9pm and will reopen Friday, November 27 from 12am – 11pm. Select stores in Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Puerto Rico will also have varying store open times. All store hours can be found online at www.Toysrus.com/BlackFridayStoreHours.
**Some exclusions/conditions apply. See store for details. Must request 10% off discount at time of purchase on Thursdays and Saturdays through December 19.
***Some exclusions apply. See the “R”Us Rewards program terms or an associate for details.
****Minimum monthly payments required. See an associate or special financing disclosures in store for details.Rewards“R”Us Card offered by Toys“R”Us, Inc. “R”Us Credit Card and “R”Us MasterCard are issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license from MasterCard International, Inc. MasterCard is a registered trade mark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
*****For more information, please visit www.Toysrus.com/FreeShipping.
About Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 863 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam, and in 745 international stores and more than 250 licensed stores in 38 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys at FAO.com. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 66,000 associates annually worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need. Additional information about Toys“R”Us, Inc. can be found on Toysrusinc.com. Follow Toys“R”Us, Babies“R”Us and FAO Schwarz on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, Facebook.com/Babiesrus and Facebook.com/FAO and on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrus, Twitter.com/Babiesrus and Twitter.com/FAOSchwarz.
# # #